[thelist] DIVs / SPANs confusion for boxes

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 02:20:39 CDT 2009

On 23 Mar 2009, at 06:19, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

> Yep, thought about this too. Probably some kind of over-dose of DIVs
> instead of just using the TABLE tag on my side, because I (always)
> have the impression using TABLEs is bad nowadays...

Depends on what you're using it for: if you're using it for content
that, semantically, is tabular data, then absolutely, use a table.

Eric Meyer has some interesting thoughts on what he'd like CSS to be
able to do for layout:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2009/02/17/wanted-layout-system/

Cheers
Martin