[thelist] Moving Menu Items

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:14:05 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 4:59 PM, j s <jslist at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> No Ben not April 1st.  Just a boss that came up with a little idea.  The
> dept that gets clicked turns a different color - indicating which dept
> that's been clicked.  Then all the sublinks in that department show up
> below.  This company's employees are mostly +55.  And they don't want fly
> out menus.

Yikes I think thats worse, they'll be even more confused.

Never mind, back to the question flash/javascript?

Most Navs use a tree-view like structure:

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/treeview/customicons.html

There are also Accordion menus:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu.htm

Yours is a little different  - this could be handled with some extra JS and
CSS if you know whee to begin . . ..

Ben
--
Ben Morrison