[thelist] Bilingual Website

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 10:40:29 CDT 2009

The main point though being that if someone can get a jist of the site
structure and contents, they'll more than happily forgive the fact that you
picked any one particular language if they can immediately see the option to
change it within two clicks — you should then save the language change in a
cookie and for the session (in case they don't allow cookies), all the while
leaving the option to change languages on all pages at all times.

It's far more important to give the user the most convenient options
possible than to work on methods that rely on anticipating the user's
possible eventual choice.

Regards,
Barney Carroll
Web designer & front-end developer