[thelist] Line breaks in plain text email

Barry Woolgar barry at burnthebook.co.uk
Mon Apr 6 10:57:28 CDT 2009

Hello

> I have tried /r, /n, \r, \n, //r, //n, %0D%0A … Everything gets printed as is

Do you have the code you're using this with? As long as you're using double quotes the newline characters should  be parsed. Depending on what you need them for, you may find the wordwrap() function useful[1].

"\n" should work fine, though obviously Microsoft, Apple and *nix each use different EOL characters (I believe \r\n, \r, \n respectively, but check that if its important).

Hope that helps

Barry

[1] http://www.php.net/wordwrap