[thelist] downloadable music/video/media

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Thu Apr 16 09:20:55 CDT 2009

Pieter Roosens wrote:
> Op 16-apr-09, om 02:55 heeft Bob Meetin het volgende geschreven:
>> I took a tour of all 3 options.  Yahoo store looks like a bit more
>> than client needs.  Of the other two, e-junkie looks fine as it
>> includes a
>> package which allows you to store the downloadable products on either
>> their site or yours.  It's not clear to me how they would design the
>> protection for unauthorized downloads but I assume once you sign on,
>> you read the manual...
>>
>> -Bob
>
> On E-junkie, buyers get a download link:
> "Please note, the download link will expire after 48 hours from now or
> after 5 attempts, which ever event happens first."
> But you can reactivate expired links.
> No actual manual AFAIK, but works fine for me, because the admin panel
> kinda explains itself.
>
> Pieter

e-junkie also emailed me back (promptly) with a little info on how they
obfuscate the download link from would-be prying eyes.  I am satisfied
that they have a reasonable process in place.  However, for faint of
heart buyers, I might add really simple FAQ noting what you said on the
website.  The concept of download links and email messages that get
caught by spam filters can thwart may novices.