[thelist] Javascript DOM Injection overflow

Sarah Adams sarahwbs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 08:37:22 CDT 2009

> The content is formatted as a series of anchors. Post-DOM injection, Firebug
> reveals the following structure:

> rel="1" style="font-size: 24pt;">sketchy</a>
> <a class="tagSearchTrigger" href="javascript:void(0)" rel="2" style="font-size:
> 14.0075pt;">chicken</a>
> <a class="tagSearchTrigger" href="javascript:void(0)" rel="5" style="font-size:
> 14.0075pt;">home</a>

I think Firebug can be throw for a loop when it deals with invalidly
nested tags. Just yesterday I was fixing something, and even though I
had a <div> inside a <table>, but not inside a row or cell, Firebug
showed the <div> appearing *before* the <table>. So it might help to
double-check what Firebug is telling you. Maybe post-dom injection
source doesn't actually have spaces between the <a> tags?

Good luck.

--
sarah adams
my son: http://clarkeadams.com