[thelist] Submit form to third party site

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 05:56:43 CDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 3:07 AM, Barry Woolgar <barry at burnthebook.co.uk> wrote:

> Yup that would work. However, not to intentionally negate your final
> statement, what happens if they have javascript disabled? I'm sure you've
> considered it!
>
> Barry

Introducing the CURL library! [1]

Jam packed with all your favorites such as curl_init(), curl_setopt(),
and curl_exec(), it's a one stop shop for all your shady and/or
blackhat needs. Data harvesters, rejoice in the glory! (This provides
you have CURL installed properly on your server, which is the usual
case with most installations I come across, but it isn't default, if I
remember correctly).

$values['username'] = 'codeacula';
$values['password'] = 'dontyouwishyourboyfriendwashotlikeme';
$hax = curl_init("http://www.codeacula.net");
curl_setopt($hax, CURLOPT_POST, TRUE);
curl_setopt($hax, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, TRUE);
curl_setopt($hax, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $values);
$content_returned = curl_exec($hax);

Legitimate use? I say nay! (All joking aside, there's of course a good
handful of reasons to use it. Usually, though, I've seen it used for
stuff I disagree with.)

[1] - http://us2.php.net/manual/en/book.curl.php
--
-Jack Timmons