[thelist] converting from phpBB to IP.Board-uploaded file names

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 13:20:38 CDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Joel D Canfield <Joel at bizba6.com> wrote:
> one casualty in my conversion from phpBB to IP.Board is uploaded files.
> phpBB stored them as files with no extension, and names like
>
>    53_1f09f06cd717a54d6bb4765547927790
>
> which, I think, but don't know, is served as this file name
>
>    53_1231567371.jpg
>
> but perhaps these two don't actually have anything to do with each other
> and can simply serve as examples.
>
> the first number clearly looks like hex, but I have no clue how to
> convert it into a filename that means something to IP.Board.

Well, the second part, 1f09f06cd717a54d6bb4765547927790, looks like an
MD5SUM (might be of the file, or the user ip) since it is 32
characters in length. It might be a key in some phpBB table that it
would use to retrieve the right name.
You can download phpBB and look for "uploaded" in the source to have an idea.

--
Eduardo Bacchi Kienetz