[thelist] Symlinking

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Tue Apr 28 18:25:17 CDT 2009

Chrome wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to create a centralised system with automated setup and have hit
> a bit of a brick wall trying to figure out how to get the folders symlinked
> properly... Here's what I need:

You can't pick and choose the children of the symbolically linked parent
folder.

What I would recommend is moving any file in the parent include folder
to their own folder. Then create your include file at your virtual site,
drop in your custom config file, then symlink all the child folders of
the "master" include folder.

Hope that helps.

--
Anthony Baratta

"Strive to be the greatest man in your country, and you may be
disappointed. Strive to be the best and you may succeed: he may well win
the race that runs by himself."
  -- Benjamin Franklin (Poor Richard's Almanack, 1747)