[thelist] getting visitor's local time or time zone

Jack Timmons jorachim at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 14:06:46 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Joel D Canfield <Joel at bizba6.com> wrote:
> where's the flaw in my reasoning, and, probably more important, how can
> I explain this to my client so he gets that it's a technical issue we
> can't resolve, not a flaw with the forum?
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Joel D Canfield
> Joel at BizBa6.com

I'm betting that they chose not to because if the inaccuracy involved.

Or that they didn't want the forum to rely finding the geoip of your
location, etc, etc. As a coder, I try to stay away from anything that
involves external contact, especially since you can't trust an
external source at all (even if it's your own, really).

But, that's the furthest I've cared to think about it.

--
-Jack Timmons
http://www.trotlc.com