[thelist] IE7 scrollbar bug - sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't

Jason Handby jason.handby at corestar.co.uk
Tue May 12 03:45:03 CDT 2009

> I've just tried "overflow-y:auto;" but it didn't work. It was worth a
> try
> though - thanks.
>
> I guess the "overflow-y" and "overflow-x" properties are inherited
from
> "overflow" and then you just overwrite them by assigning specific
values
> so
> "overflow-y" would have been set to "auto" anyway.

I think you're right about the theory. I just wondered if the way IE was
parsing the styles meant that it was messing up, and perhaps ignoring
the "overflow" because there was an "overflow-x" and it was expecting an
"overflow-y". Ah well :-) That's what happens when a programmer gives
CSS advice!

Jason