[thelist] IE7 scrollbar bug - sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't

Nadeem Hosenbokus nadeem at multigraphics.biz
Wed May 13 00:12:07 CDT 2009

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried "zoom: 1;" on the #product DIV and on it's parent.
Unfortunately there was no change.

I've been learning more about hasLayout (thanks for the pointer) and it
seems that the #product DIV would already have Layout anyway as some of the
styles applied to it automatically 'force' Layout:

	float: left; (this allows the element to gain layout)
	width: 335px; (this allows the element to gain layout)
	padding: 8px;
	background-color: #FFFFFF;
	line-height: 1.3em;
	text-align: justify;
	min-height: 350px;
	max-height: 380px;
	overflow: auto; (this allows the element to gain layout)
	overflow-x: hidden;

What is really beginning to bug me now is that it works all the time for
some categories and that for the 'buggy' categories the scrollbar appears
alternately when you click the same link. It seems to be activating
something and then deactivating it.

And the only difference that I can discern between the 'buggy' categories
and the others rests only in the data being returned from the database.

Nadeem Hosenbokus
Exocet Studios - a brand of Multigraphics Ltd
Office:  (+230) 212 6390 / 208 6499
Mobile: (+230) 254 8221
Fax:     (+230) 212 6789
24 St. Georges Street, Port Louis

Does it haveLayout? [1]

Have you tried adding zoom:1 to the DIV in question, or its parent if
that doesn't help...

Ben

[1] http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html

--