[thelist] imminent dojo talks / beers in the UK

sam foster potatosculptor at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:42:31 CDT 2009

hi All,

If you're in the London, Manchester or Edinburg area, and working with
-  or just curious about - the Dojo Toolkit (http://dojotoolkit.org),
there a couple talk+beer events coming up. If you plan on coming
please register w. eventbrite (its free), but also feel free to just
drop in, or follow dylans or samfosteriam on twitter for updates on
where we're at.

Tonight and tommorow in London town:
http://dojolondon2.eventbrite.com/
http://dojolondon2.eventbrite.com/

Tonight (May 13th) is at The Hat & Feathers, on the corner of
clerkenwell road and goswell road. It's an informal get together, with
Dylan Schiemann and anyone else who has an interest. Dylan is a
dojotoolkit co-founder, founded the cometdaily.com site and
CEO/Founder of Sitepen Inc.

Tommorow (May 14th) we'll start at Skills Matter (also Clerkenwell
area) with a approx 1hr talk on Dojo, and then go find dinner/beer
locally. More details on eventbrite. I'm coming down from up north for
this one and would love to meet up with anyone wanting to talk
javascript/ajax, in whatever shape and form you like it.

Next week, May 18th in Manchester:
http://dojomanchester.eventbrite.com/
This one is kindly hosted by Code Computerlove Ltd. We'll do a short
talk on dojo and building web apps with it, then eat drink and be
merry. Again, I'd love to meet anyone dojo-curious who can make it out
for the event.

And last but far from least, in Edinburgh, May 21st:
http://dojoedinburgh.eventbrite.com/
Hosted by Standard Life, there'll be a couple dojo talks, refreshments
and adjournment to the pub

What is Dojo anyhow? Dojo is an 100% opensource javascript toolkit, in
the family of YUI, jQuery etc. It provides a fast, extendable and
highly useful api for building responsive web UIs, with a package
system, animation system, standardized api for data retrieval,
powerful and accessible UI widgets, cross-browser charting, and lots
more. Dojo is server/framework agnostic, but has been adopted and
integrated with the Zend Framework, Django among RoR among others. Its
also seeing a lot of use on the Adobe AIR platform, and finding a
niche with rich mobile apps via phonegap

Sam Foster,
long time evoltee, almost as long-time absentee