[thelist] Shopping cart - Virtuemart - UPS - rates wrong

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed May 13 14:42:06 CDT 2009

I am finishing up a shop set up using Virtuemart on Joomla.  Almost all
has gone very well.  In configuring the api with UPS it works but I'm
getting incorrect rates, about 40% low with UPS ground.  I've gone
through numerous scenarios and have triple-checked store configuration,
UPS shipping configuration, all but the kitchen sink.  The test store is
located at www.dottedi.biz/demo2 . I have been using a 48 lb package as
the benchmark, store located in zip 80501 and set up a customer in zip
94043.

UPS Rate Quotes, www.ups.com
Originating zip: 80501
Destination: 94043

Weight / Ground - Next Day Air
48 lbs  / $33.35  - $193.55

Virtuemart cart says: 48 lbs 80501 to 94043 - $23.52 (42% low)
A demo zen-cart install says: 48 lbs 80501 to 94043 - $33.35 (that's a
match)

I put up a virtuemart forum post at
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=47142.0 with more info
including the XML post/response.