[thelist] long-term autoresponder-type service

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Mon May 18 18:31:29 CDT 2009

Matt:

 > as a database challenge, piece o' cake.

And it has been done before; phplist is a good example. From my own
experience it was easy enough to extract the user data for purposes
other than just the mailing list too.

http://www.phplist.com/

 > how 'bout when these are going out at a rate of hundreds at a time?
 > won't we be facing spam triggers from our hosting company(-ies) ?

Your hosting company *should* tell you the max rate. Change to a
dedicated server for larger mailing lists.

cheers,

       Mark