[thelist] long-term autoresponder-type service

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu May 21 13:59:49 CDT 2009

On 19 May 2009, at 00:31, Mark Groen wrote:

>> how 'bout when these are going out at a rate of hundreds at a time?
>> won't we be facing spam triggers from our hosting company(-ies) ?
>
> Your hosting company *should* tell you the max rate. Change to a
> dedicated server for larger mailing lists.

and you should be able to have a dialogue with your host about running
this kind of thing without being seen as spam, as you can show 'em
your opt-in+opt-out controls etc.

Incidentally, there *are* COTS packages out there that do all this
really well, along with the kind of personalisation that does very
nice things for you.

Cheers
Martin