[thelist] Computerized Automatic Phone Answering

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Mon Jun 15 23:08:17 CDT 2009

I'm quite late to this thread I realize but I'll toss out the solution
I use just as another option.

I do hosted IVR through Voxeo. I write my dialogs and flow control
using a combination of VoiceXML and CCXML. It can take a fair bit of
reading to really wrap your head around it at first but then it starts
settling in. Voxeo does all of the VOIP stuff and I take care of
handling branching logic, dynamic creation of the xml, etc. It works
pretty well. Most of the work I do is actually outbound calls (it is a
reminder service) but inbound call handling is the same fundamental
idea.

I also use their recommended speech recording company along with Text
To Speech backup for things non-prerecorded items, like customer
names. I've been pretty happy and we've rolled it out in both English
and Spanish. I'd recommend taking a look.

Judah