[thelist] How to style a widget?

Jay Turley jayturley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 14:15:30 CDT 2009

Hi all-

Creating a javascript widget to be placed on the sites of clients of a
client, and I am wondering what is the best way to handle styling the
widget.

The widget is loaded using the following code:

 <script type="text/javascript">
     document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='[widget_url]'
type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
 </script>

This pretty much means that either:

(1) All styling must be inline, or

(2) I must ask for users of the widget to add the CSS using <style> or
<link> - making it more difficult to place.

Am I missing something?

thanks!

-Jay