[thelist] Revoked SSL

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Jul 6 03:05:39 CDT 2009

They should be getting an error that the certificate has expired. Revokation is something else.

And "Yes", I can't think of any other easier way to fix this issue. Certs from places like GoDaddy etc are pretty cheap.

Cheers
Ken
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Fred Jones [fredthejonester at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 6 July 2009 5:50 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Revoked SSL

A site I have is no longer selling products (they had a small store
section but they closed it) and so we didn't renew the SSL. But since
URLs with https are index by Google, people are clicking on them and
they get an error in FF and IE that the SSL cerl is revoked.

Is the only fix for this to buy a new cert?