[thelist] singe and double quotes in a text field

Daniel Kessler danielk at umd.edu
Tue Jul 7 08:54:54 CDT 2009

I have a text field and I want to allow users to type in information
that may have both single and double quotes in it.  For example,

<input name="description"  type="text" value="I am the only "Bob" in
the 'book' if you know what I mean" size="55" maxlength="400" />

How do I go about doing that?  It'll be going into a database and then
retrieved from there for editing.  I use Cold Fusion as my middle-ware.

thanks in advance.

--

Daniel Kessler

University of Maryland College Park