[thelist] photo copyrights

Symeon Charalabides symeon at systasis.com
Tue Jul 21 03:56:16 CDT 2009

Nan,

>  > This is what I thought about getting permission. Could she claim that she
>  > didn't know any better?
>  > Does that hold up in court? Or could she have the pants sued off of her?
>
>  But *you* do.  And you have been informed on a publicly searchable web list.

Even if neither of you did, and you had never asked and never been informed, a staple of law internationally is that ignorance of the law does NOT constitute a valid defence, ever.

Just ask for permission to use the images. The chances are that you'll get it without problems.

Symeon Charalabides (cosmopolite trainee)