[thelist] moving webhosting and losing all the old emails....

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Fri Jul 31 12:25:52 CDT 2009

Hi Folks,

I am working with a company on a new website, and we are contemplating
moving the hosting over to register.com, where the domain name is registered
for several more years, and they are a nonprofit, so trying to save money.

Of course the huge problem is that their email is connected to their
hosting, so as far as I know, when we switch over, all their old email will
be lost. Is that true? And if it is true, is there a way to get all their
important email off the old server? Some use Outlook, and I think the email
on Outlook will not be affected, is that right?

TIA
Nan