[thelist] IE - Done, but with errors on the page

Tim Snadden lists at snadden.com
Sat Aug 1 16:12:32 CDT 2009

On 1/08/2009, at 3:54 AM, Bob Meetin wrote:

> IE6 or IE7 - Done, but with errors on the page
>
> Pages load fine but display the error at the bottom of the browser.
> Firefox is happy.  How do you commonly troubleshoot this problem?
>
> CSS validation?
> HTML validation?
> Other, your wits?

As others have said, this is most likely a javascript problem. Check
it with firebug and make sure that you don't have a general javascript
error. If firebug isn't showing an error in the console then the first
thing I'd check for is a trailing comma on the last property of an
object. e.g.

var myObject = {
	foo: 'bar',
	bar: 'baz',
}

The comma after 'baz' will cause IE to choke but not firefox.