[thelist] alternative name for site map

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:02:53 CDT 2009

French: 'Plan du site'. Again, that's literal word-for-word.

>From a social linguistics angle, a) Internet terminology is by-and-wide
created on the spot by American memes which are then inherited in finished
formed by other languages/cultures and b) 'site map' is a very self-evident
and literal description that has never needed explicit definition in my
experience — so using the literal translation in other languages will
probably be just as obvious.

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carroll at gmail.com