[thelist] Anyone using online project management software?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 15:39:35 CDT 2009

On 7 Aug 2009, at 20:35, Volkan Özçelik wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Dan Romanchik  wrote:
>
>> Now, however, I'm working
>> on a bigger project, that includes several developers, and would like
>> to convince the others that it's probably a good idea if we set up
>> and
>> use one.
>

> It's definitely a good idea to get organized.

Yes. Turn this into your mantra: "If it's not in writing, it's a
rumour. And we don't work that way"

And ensure that the 'in writing' bit is somewhere where everyone can
see it.

> - a real physical whiteboard on our wall boardmarkers of several
> colors (it
> really helps)

Never underestimate the power of whiteboards, even if you've got
online tracking as your master data; having it in your face where
everyone can see it instantly is incredibly useful. I have a very
powerful, expensive online system tracking many factors; I still have
whiteboards as my ready-reference logs to a couple of key ones (and I
jump on anyone very hard who doesn't update the whiteboard inline with
the full master data in the online system).

Cheers
Martin