[thelist] POST via AJAX...where is my status?

John Corry jcorry.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 21:27:12 CDT 2009

I'm through, about to throw the computer out the window (this seems to
always happen when I mess with Javascript)
I have this form I inherited from another developer. It's an ajax form. All
of the validation is set up in javascript and the form button onclick =
get(myform); which calls some javascript functions.

One of the functions creates an XMLHttpRequest object for a POST request:
<code>
 http_request.onreadystatechange = alertContents;
      http_request.open('POST', url , true);
      http_request.setRequestHeader("Content-type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
      http_request.setRequestHeader("Content-length", parameters.length);
http_request.setRequestHeader("Connection", "close");
      http_request.send(parameters);
</code>

--
John Corry