[thelist] make PDFs open at 100%

Steve Bigelow steve.bigelow at tkcsb.com
Tue Aug 25 19:50:53 CDT 2009

You can specify a lot of the display attributes in the hash of the URL used
to open the PDF document.

For example, this link inside an HTML page might do what you want:

[URLPathToThePDFDocument]/ThePDFDocument.pdf#zoom=100

...where the key piece is the URL hash "#zoom=100", meaning you want the
document to be scaled to 100%.

Another option might be the hash "#page=1&view=fitH", meaning start the
display on page 1 of the document, and scale the document to fit the
horizontal width of its container.

I've not tried this using PDF viewers other than Adobe Acrobat.

Adobe's "PDF Open Parameters" documentation for Acrobat 7 (downlevel, I
know) is at:
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/PDFOpenParameters.pdf

Steve Bigelow
TKCSB Images