[thelist] CSS transparency question

Jay Turley jayturley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:04:09 CDT 2009

Hi all-

I have a design I am having trouble implementing (and sorry, no URL, so this
will have to be a conceptual question). There is a toolbar which floats over
an image, and the toolbar is slightly transparent, enough to reveal what is
underneath it. The designer wants a portion of the toolbar to be opaque.

The html is essentially:

The pertinent CSS looks like:

.seethrough {
    opacity: 0.9;