[thelist] CSS transparency question

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 02:24:32 CDT 2009

All the contents of seethrough will appear 90% opaque according to these
styles. You're telling one of the children to appear completely opaque, but
it already is by default (and so is its sibling) — they're just inside a
slightly transparent container.

What you need to do is:

.seethrough * {
   opacity: 0.9;
   -moz-opacity: 0.9;
   filter: alpha(opacity=90);
}

.seethrough * *,
.opaque {
    opacity: 1.0;
   -moz-opacity: 1.0;
   filter: alpha(opacity=100);
}

This will give the transparent properties to all the immediate children of
the container, with the second rule meaning that all the
further descendants, and anything with the opaque class applied, will keep
full opacity. No need to change the HTML using this method.

Barney Carroll

barney.carroll at gmail.com
07594 506 381