[thelist] custom order / credit card processing / downloadable

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sat Sep 12 08:54:26 CDT 2009

Mike,

These were good thoughts which I added to the requirements - We'll place
something in the spreadsheet even if not an image..

After a week's worth of tinkering and a bit of Vulcan Mind Merge
yesterday I was able to both create the dynamic product using user input
(in Joomla/Virtuemart), run a fake customer through the shopping cart to
completion, and deliver to the pseudo customer by email the downloadable
.csv file which resides out of webroot.

One nice benefit of the CMS is that it has a debugging toggle which if
enabled outputs the queries to the screen.  To prep a downloadable
product in Virtuemart for the shop five or six tables are referenced.
Without the debugging enabled (or without a map of all the tables) you
could spend days 'wondering' what else.

Virtuemart's process of both adding a downloadable file and ensuring
that it is downloadable is horribly awkward.  Figuring this out truly
required reading the manual.

-Bob