[thelist] How to check if a domain has hosting

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sat Sep 12 16:04:56 CDT 2009

Domain name registered at daily.co.uk
Nameserver at daily.co.uk

domain can be 'web forwarded' with or without a frame to another web
address by siple set up in the daily.co.uk control panel.

I do this a lot for the .com to the .co.uk version for example.

so the IP address for a web forwarded domain will be that of the
registrar.

what happens is that the nameserver at the registrar points takes all
requests and redirects or forwards them to another domain, hosted
elsewhere.

e.g. bclm.net reports its IP address as 195.26.90.35

but web requests are forwarded to bclm.co.uk (89.145.82.5) which is
hosted.

I think that's what Roberto is referring to.