[thelist] Community organizing sites?

Ann Zumwinkle ann at zumwinkle.com
Sat Sep 19 12:33:03 CDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> > I was asked about sites to facilitate the management of volunteers for
> > events during the year. ?Which would simply be a way to enter events on a
> > calendar, specify times and the number of people needed. ?This specific
> > request was for managing volunteers for a year at a school. ?i.e. On the
> > 22nd we need four volunteers for a field trip.
> >
> > The idea is a central place people can go and find events that fit their
> > schedule and sign up. ?In addition a way to review your upcoming
> > commitments, and what would be great is to have the system send out
> > reminders by email a few days before the event where each person would
> > re-confirm their involvement.

Hello Bill, I happen to be on the search for something similar at the
moment and came across this page (from April 2009) with a listing of
requirements and possible apps:
http://www.coyotecommunications.com/tech/volmanage.html

I started my search by looking on TechSoup:]
http://forums.techsoup.org/cs/forums/p/20569/20569.aspx

Right now we're leaning toward Volunteer Spot....
http://www.volunteerspot.com/

--

Ann Zumwinkle
ann at zumwinkle.com