[thelist] CMS Recommendations

Todd Richards todd at promisingsites.com
Mon Sep 21 07:28:51 CDT 2009

Hello -

I'm looking for a good CMS for a site for a bar/restaurant.  Flavor isn't a
big deal - can either be .NET or PHP.  However, free/cheap is important.

Besides being easy to use, the two major "modules" that it needs is to
manage events, and have a GOOD photo gallery.  By "good", it would be nice
to have the ability to upload multiple files at once.  The ones I've been
looking at have options such as "if you want to upload multiple files, click
the add button and choose your new file."  That won't work if you have 100
photos from an event they want to publish.

I've looked at several, but without installing and hunting down modules, I
can't tell if they will do what I need.  So if anyone knows of something
that fits the bill, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Todd