[thelist] pricing for web sites?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 14:31:57 CDT 2009

On 23 Sep 2009, at 12:08, Randal Rust wrote:

> Every big consultant out there, like Accenture, or your lawyer, bills
> by the hour. They track time and they bill you accordingly. This is
> how profit and loss, the bottom line for your business, is determined.
> The more projects that you have going, the more vital it is to track
> what you are doing, when you are doing it and who you are doing it
> for.

Sort of - every big consultant is charged to their project by the
hour. Whether that gets passed on to the client (ie a T&M type
contract) or not (FP) is a different matter.

But the project's costs are hourly; so if you've got fixed revenue,
and variable labour cost, monitoring and controlling timesheets is
•essential*.

Cheers
Martin
(whose day job is for Accenture's biggest competitor and who lives
this every sodding day. Don't talk to me about bloody exchange rates,
either!)