[thelist] pricing for web sites?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 14:34:32 CDT 2009

On 23 Sep 2009, at 16:07, Bob Meetin wrote:

> My common list of billable charges or discounts include:

>   * Travel time - I should but this is sticky (you ever had a plumber
>      out who didn't charge travel time?)

Yeah, there's a good compromise: travel time above travel to your
normal office location. Which for some people (me!) is counted as home.

> Ditto to what Paul said about first jobs and rates

Yep - an unknown client naturally incurs greater risk, the contingency
for which you need to price in.

See also bigger jobs, new technology and a bunch of other factors

Cheers
Martin