[thelist] controlling image height in Safari

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:03:19 CDT 2009

I'm working with a web application's stock style sheets and trying to
customize a few things.  I'm having trouble getting a logo image's
size to play nicely with Safari, while the size seems to be working
fine in other browsers.

In the stylesheet definition for the logo id, I've specified a
distinct height (30px), which is respected by Firefox, but Safari
seems confused: the embedded source shows a height of 33, and the
browser's info tools show a "computed style" height of 30.  I've even
tried making the height !important, with the same results.
Interestingly, Safari's info tools display a strike-through on the
33px height, but that's the one that seems to be trumping my specified
height anyway (see attached image, or this link if the attachment get
stripped:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/deesto/web/image-screen.png
).

Thanks,