[thelist] Just moved from Vista to Ubuntu -Web Dev Help???

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:56:49 CDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Jay Turley <jayturley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Setting up our server at work was less
> troublesome because there's a nice server guide I could follow. :)

Then why not just use that? Just curious.

Overall, I would suggest avoiding using whatever package manager
Ubuntu uses, and install everything directly: MySQL binary, Apache
and PHP from source. It'll take you a little longer but it'll be worth it
in the long run.

Re: editors -- I love jEdit for its configurability, but also use NetBeans
and vi(m) at times.

HTH, and have fun :-)
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
twitter: @hassan