[thelist] Automated payment systems and discounts

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Oct 1 01:22:29 CDT 2009

On 30 Sep 2009, at 15:59, Bob Meetin wrote:

> If you do act as a hosting go-between, do you commonly mark up the
> hosting charges say 25 - 50% or perhaps a flat fee to account for
> managing the account? I ran into one business that marks it up
> many-fold, somewhat shockingly so and has gotten away with it but I'm
> sure doesn't land many kudos.  What is fair?

Whatever the client sees value in.

If the client sees value in that larger fee, knowing they don't have
to do any of the procurement (sourcing, selection, management,
accounts payable, kicking when it goes wrong) for the hosting company,
and can just have a single lead supplier for all that stuff then
that's their business.

Cheers
Martin