[thelist] disabling web text copy & paste

steven streight vaspers at inbox.com
Wed Oct 21 13:35:20 CDT 2009

What is the HTML (JavaScript) code that prevents web browsers from copy & paste on text? You cannot highlight text and paste it, for example, to quote it in a blog post.

I rarely see it done. It seems super protective in an anti-web way. But some sites may need this security measure to avoid people stealing their content in special situations, which I sympathize with.

But why Snopes?

http://www.snopes.com/

Steven E. Streight
www.pluperfecter.blogspot.com

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message and/or advertising approval, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.