[thelist] Multiple Domain Names

Joel Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Mon Oct 26 13:35:53 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I imagine it could be taken to the point of spamming, but that's not a
> > given, is it?
>
> I think it is actually.

unless we're defining 'spamming' in very different ways, I can't imagine
that my having, for instance, joelcanfield.com and joeldcanfield.com point
to the same site as spamming.

elucidate.

> To see how this affects SEO, check out the first few links here:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=multiple+domain+names+seo

yes; noting Jill Whalen's comment here
http://www.highrankings.com/issue060 what
y'all seem to be talking about is the *technical* method of how you point
multiple domains at the same site. Jill simply uses a redirect and
circumvents seo negativity. but, conceptually, it sure looks a lot like a
bunch of different domains pointing at the same site.

joel