[thelist] Anyone used 123-reg for hosting in the UK?

Krystian Szastok sunlust at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:08:06 CST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Chris Dempsey
<chris at gettheedgeonline.com> wrote:
> Has anyone used 123-reg for hosting?
>
> Someone asked me if they'd be ok for hosting a couple of sites, will be
> flat html, nothing fancy but they need to be responsive and the email
> service needs to be reliable.
>
> Anyone able to comment on the level of service or usability of the
> control panel interface?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Hi there mate,

I wouldn't recommend them for hosting, support ain't bad but if you
want to call them you pay quite a lot because of the cues :)

I used http://www.ukhost4u.com/ in the past for a long time and
they're really good and responsive and professinal.

If you're looking for someone really responsive and with a personal
touch and similar hosting features I can recommend my friend in
Eastbourne that I host all my websites with and my clients sites:
http://ebaba.myshopify.com/
I'm sure he could sort you a deal if you go with a couple of hosting accounts.

Best regards,

--
Krystian Szastok
Affordable, Freelance Web Designer in Eastbourne, East Sussex: