[thelist] SEO and Blogs - Internal or External?

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at mch.govt.nz
Thu Dec 3 14:07:21 CST 2009

+1

Wordpress is easy to set up, and has tons of themes and plugins.

A lot of SEO concerns[1] can be addressed by installing some decent
plugins[2]

Wordpress have done a fantastic job of making a CMS that is darn
pleasant to use.

[1] I prefer to write for people first, rather than optimise for search
engines. I've just started a blog (with some content imported from
another one) and am getting > 90% of my traffic from social media
sources rather than search engine referrals. Write for people, post
links to relevant networks, get traffic, make it easy for people to
share = (more qualified) traffic. IMHO anyway.

[2] Wordpress SEO plugins - a starter list
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tags/seo

:)
Paul

www.mch.govt.nz  -  www.teara.govt.nz  -  www.nzhistory.net.nz  -  www.nzlive.com

The information contained in this email message does not necessarily reflect the views of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage and may contain information that is confidential or subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient and receive this email in error: please notify the Ministry for Culture and Heritage by return email or telephone (64 4 499 4229) and delete this email; you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this message or the information in it.

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE YOU PRINT THIS EMAIL