[thelist] Hosting?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 4 17:29:04 CST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 17:30 +0000, Luther, Ron wrote:
> I have extremely lightweight requirements (cuz I has pretty much no traffic or storage to speak of):
> 	- Must be CHEAP!!!!
> 	- need to manage my email
> 	- would like MySQL
> 	- would like PHP

Nearlyfreespeech.net handles every one of these but the e-mail hosting.

They aren't a set amount per month, you pay for bandwidth and storage
used ($1 per gigabyte in the beginning, and $0.01 per megabyte-month)
plus a small daily fee ($0.01 to $0.03) for things like MySQL and e-mail
forwarding. I have three sites actively getting traffic through them
(and will make that four sites later this month) and pay something like
$3 to $4 per month. I wish I was generating enough traffic to be paying
more than that, of course...

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>