[thelist] User-friendly issue-capture & tracking

Joel Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Fri Dec 4 18:57:33 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Mike Maughan <mike at maughan.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm hoping to identify a user-friendly issue-capture & tracking tool I can
> use to support both our family history project website and my wife's
> railway
> club.

Mike, this is probably outside what you want, but I thought I'd offer it: I
built a helpdesk tool for the last company I worked for. It was based on
MSSQL and uses ASP, so it's not the platform you're looking for, but if
you're up to translating code to PHP and MySQL, I'll give you the whole
thing. It's very very user friendly (this was rolled out to our entire
company, and I was dedicated to the 'zero training' concept)

If you're interested gimme a shout. It's fairly extensive but you could
probably just munge up the bits you really need. Dunno if that's any better
than what you'd face implementing bugzilla.

joel