[thelist] Email Newsletters and Stylesheets

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sat Dec 5 10:24:09 CST 2009

Meaning that email readers, various webmail flavors, may not reliably
read an external stylesheet?

Just to make sure we are on the same page, by inline styles we are talking:

within the document body as opposed placing all the styles into a hidden
head and

       .big_happy_text { font-size: 2em; }

I much prefer the latter as the program I am using does not work well
(template or not) with inline styles.

Thunderbird, of course, seems to handle all options reasonably well.  Do
you generally include a clause, URL, to view the newsletter with your
browser if it is not displaying well?  Or should that never happen?