[thelist] Email Newsletters and Stylesheets

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sat Dec 5 11:01:55 CST 2009

>> Thunderbird, of course, seems to handle all options reasonably well.  Do you
>> generally include a clause, URL, to view the newsletter with your browser if
>> it is not displaying well?
>>

> absolutely. belt and suspenders :-)

So do you go into this with the set expectations that it will "break"
for some/many email programs (in spite of inline styles) and the folks
who use them are possibly used to this, thus you offer the accomodation
of the URL to read it?

Do programs like MailChimp use inline styles or what?  I'm not hearing
nods (this is the weekend I know) that adding a short in-document style
section in the head is a satisfactory option.