[thelist] Email Newsletters and Stylesheets

Joel Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Sat Dec 5 11:08:15 CST 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:

> So do you go into this with the set expectations that it will "break" for
> some/many email programs (in spite of inline styles) and the folks who use
> them are possibly used to this, thus you offer the accomodation of the URL
> to read it?

Do programs like MailChimp use inline styles or what?  I'm not hearing nods
> (this is the weekend I know) that adding a short in-document style section
> in the head is a satisfactory option.
>
> All the tools we use (Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, Feedblitz,
others) include a 'read online' option as URL, and all include styles in the
head of the document (or allow them inline)

so, adding a short in-document style section in the head is a satisfactory
option

curious: why are you building this? wondering if you're reinventing the
wheel or creating something new.

joel