No subject

Mon Dec 7 19:53:44 CST 2009

Sorry...let me try to explain.

My companies Sales Dept...like many others...sold a
service that they ASSUMED would be easy to implement.

As usual, they are a bunch of idiots.

1. Our client has a crap load of pre-existing PDF
files.
2. They want the ability to (via the web) enter
"imprint" information.
3. The imprint information will consist of 5 lines of
variable text.
4. I have the task of automating the process of
"Imprinting" the existing PDF's...saving a copy and
then converting that newly created file into a .TIF
and an .EPS.
5. All of the files must be of PRINT Quality.
6. The files will then be put on CD to be shipped to
various publishers (newspapers, magazines...) to be
used as Advertisements.

I have tried using Ghostscript and ImageMagick, but
the resolution sucks and it is unreliable.

I have been trying to figure this out for a while and
I am ready to EXPLODE!!!!!

I hope this explains it better.

Thanks...John