[thelist] Hosting?

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 09:13:35 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 2:45 AM, Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk> wrote:
> ...and are really, really confident that you're not going to get linked from anywhere popular.
>
> Non-capped variable cost contracts that don't have natural limits are *the* most risky for the buyer.

I guess what you are saying is that other hosts might take down the
site after the quota has been met, but they might instead charge an
overage fee. In the former case where the site is temporarily shut
down, I guess it would depend on the site whether that is more of a
risk than the hosting cost.

See also: "What happens if I get slashdotted?" which claims that such
an event would cost the customer about $10.
https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/about/faq#Slashdot

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA