[thelist] Source Control

Christopher Marsh Christopher.Marsh at akqa.com
Wed Dec 23 09:55:53 CST 2009

Zach

> With SVN you can do a switch function where you switch your local
> working
> copy to point to a different branch, tag, or even repository.  Make

[..]

> to a newly created branch.  This can be done from one repo to another
> as
> well.

Many thanks for the input. This cannot be done from one *server* to another though, right? We're trying to overcome network latency, so anything that sits on the existing server is effectively useless to us. The ideal scenario (given that everyone uses SVN at the moment) is for us to continue working in a SVN branch in our environment, then we can merge the trunk (on a remote server) with the branch (on our server) and vice versa when necessary. The only way I've found to do this is a process of SVN exports in either direction, with manual merges. This is (as if it needs saying) unworkable.

Cheers

--
Regards

Chris Marsh